ACNE | Getting rid of it forever
Having acne can be very annoying, specially if the acne is on your face. It just gives off a unclean appearance. Having acne is not just about cleanliness. I started developing acne when my lifestyle was just not in place. I was eating out a lot, not sleeping, and using lots of chemicals on my face.
I started to research for natural ways to get rid of acne and by just changing my lifestyle, my skin improved dramatically. Here are my 5 tips on how I got rid of my acne.
1. Healthy Diet
The most important thing in being an overall healthy human is eating healthy. I know you’ve heard of the saying “You are what you eat” but it’s totally true. The more nutrient packed foods you put in your body the better your overall health will be. And this includes your skin. Try not to consume too much sugary foods as these, in combination with certain kinds of fats, increase acne inflammation.
- Chose water over juice ( juice has hidden sugars)
- Replace sugar with honey. ( it is a better alternative, just don’t go overboard with the honey)
- Eat fruits in the morning right after waking up. Try My Kale Smoothie every morning for a morning detox.
- Try eating protein fruit bowls for breakfast and healthy salad bowls for lunch.
Fruit Bowls from: //www.instagram.com/roc.sibri/
Yes not sleeping can lead to acne. I was only sleeping about 4 hours a day during the work week and I would get a new pimple about every other day. How annoying! Sleep deprivation prevents your immune system from building up its forces. Not sleeping is horrible for your body in so many ways.
- You age faster
- Are not productive
- Store more fat
- Your chances for Diabetes increase
- Immune system is slower so you cannot fight properly therefore producing acne
I know work is important and there are things to be done but your overall health should be the most important thing in life. You cannot work, travel, or have fun if you’re dead or a sickly person.
TIP: I like to set up an alarm at 11pm with calming music and the sleep emoji lol ( yes it helps) That way if I’m on the computer working and lose track of time, I have a reminder that it’s time to rest.
The third most important thing for getting rid of your acne is exercise. Stress may contribute to acne breakouts. Being active helps you get rid of stress. Exercise also helps your skin by increasing your blood circulation, which sends more oxygen to your skin cells and carries cell waste away. Make sure you move your body daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Go for a walk during your lunch break (people think I’m a workout freak but who cares, your skin will thank you)
- Skip the elevator and take the stairs ( I do this all the time that I forgot elevators existed)
- Walk your dog ( he/she will love you)
- Listen to a podcast while you go on a walk (Learn something while you’re at it, silent walks can get boring)
- Join the gym (the fees are worth it for your health)
4. Face Products
This one is a really important one because people often pay large amounts of money for products that swear they will get rid of your acne when in return they worsen it. They are loaded with chemicals that are really bad for your skin. So make sure you pay attention to what you put on your face.
Try using natural products. Here are my 3 choices for face products: (These are not sponsored, I actually used these to red rid of my acne.)
- OZ Naturals: I use their Vitamin C Serum, Hyaluronic Acid, and Pro-Retaxinol. I love the Vitamin C one, specially for acne. Try using them separately, maybe alternate each day, as a base before putting on face lotion and makeup.
- Sapo All Naturals: This is a natural face cleanser with no chemicals.
- La-Roche Posay: These products are not natural but they are dermatologist recommended and they have the number one acne-fighting ingredient; salicylic acid. These really helped me in getting rid of my acne so I thought I should include them.
My final tip is to invest in an at home microdermabrasion machine. Microdermabrasion is really expensive if you go to a professional. I recommend this one from Trophy Skin for only $299 and you can do it every week. I have seen huge improvements on my skin.
I hope you found my acne tips useful. Remember it’s not all about the products you use, it is about making small changes in your day to day life.
Check out my Morning Smoothie recipe for a healthy morning breakfast.
XOXO, XIO : )