Kale Fruit Smoothie
So I am sure you’ve heard about the famous KALE. It’s still in trendiness. The Kale buzz seemed to have increased over the past few years. So I decided to give it a try by creating a delicious kale fruit smoothie filled with some of my favorite fruits. I really don’t like the taste of kale by itself but I did find a yummy healthy way of consuming it.
The Kale Fruit Smoothie is great as a breakfast choice. I take it every morning before my workout and my energy has increased so much; I have even seen some belly bloating go away.
To make your Kale Fruit Smoothie you will need:
- Strawberries (about 3-4)
- Pineapple (about 3-4 pieces)
- Half banana
- Kale (handful)
- Flax seed
- Apple cider vinegar
- Orange juice
1. Grab a 3 or 4 strawberries and chop in half.
2. Cut a few pieces of pineapple. You can buy the frozen one that already comes cut to save some time.
3. Peel banana and cut in half. You can use the whole banana but I like to use half because it’s less chunky.
4. Grab a handful of kale. You can use the brand of your choice. I am using a Trader Joe’s brand. It’s only $2.
Here are some benefits of Kale:
- Low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat
- High in iron
- Filled with powerful antioxidants
- Great anti-inflammatory food
- Great for cardiovascular support
- High in Vitamin A, C, K, and Calcium
- Great detox food
5. Use one spoonful of flaxseed.
You may use less or more depending on your preferences. I use one because it tends to upset my stomach if I use more than one spoonful.
Flaxseed contains all sorts of healthy components. It has Omega-3 essential fatty acids, which are “good” fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. These help in maintaining balanced hormonal levels. Fiber, soluble and insoluble types. This helps facilitate weight loss.
There’s some evidence it may help reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes.
6. Use one spoonful of apple cider vinegar.
Make sure you are using raw, organic, and unfiltered apple cider vinegar. The best one out there is Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar. The one from Bragg’s has the “mother” in it which is that gunky-looking stuff at the bottom. That is the most important part. If you’ve got a good bottle of apple cider vinegar, you should see some strand-like sediment floating at the bottom.
Apple cider vinegar helps in so many ways. Here are a few:
- Relieve gas, bloating and heartburn
- Promote alkalinity
- Can kill many types of bacteria
- Lowers blood sugar levels and fights diabetes
- Helps you lose weight by making you feel full
- Lowers cholesterol and reduces your risk of heart disease
- May have protective effects against cancer
I am no doctor. This is based on my research. I am a pretty healthy person but if you are not sure if you should add this to your diet, Please consult with your doctor first.
7. Use 3 fresh squeezed oranges.
I use orange juice but you can use any juice of your choice. Make sure the juice you chose is not full of sugar, if it is you can add just a little bit and the rest just add water.
8. Add your juice of choice and blend everything together.
Enjoy your fresh delicious smoothie! I hope you learned something new today for your healthy lifestyle journey. : )